Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Full of carrot cake and laughter

I came home on Sunday from spending the weekend away with my buddies from 'Quilting Companions', a sedate group name for a bunch of talented, generous and mischievous women.  We meet every Thursday for a day of sewing, food and yakking, but also try to get away together two or three times a year.  This time it was to stay at a nun's retreat in Shoalwater, in a townhouse approximately 50m from the beach.  Warm weather + cool breeze + pelicans soaring overhead + friends + glass of wine = aaaaahh!

I spent my stitching time working on an appliqué block of an elephant on cream homespun....a block that will be included in the friendship quilt that my dear friend V is making for her daughter's 12th birthday.  It was due back to her about a week ago, so this was a good opportunity for me to 'pull my finger out' and finish it.  Will scan it in for you when complete.

I love these women a lot. They are a bunch of sister/aunties to me.  When you need tea and sympathy they are the people to go to.  Thanks girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment