Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sunday

It was a quiet but yummy day at château Festival.  The day started with Jojo and I going to Church.  We are currently going to a Baptist Church...a new experience for me and probably slightly more conservative than I would like, but Jojo is really enjoying it a lot, so I think it is worth pursuing, if only just for her.

When I came home the stresses and late nights of the last week caught up with me and I crashed and went to bed.  Even Bretsky could see that I was rocking on my feet.  Thankfully he was happy to do a few things with Jojo, one of which was to organise dinner, and cater to my whim of a nice chunk of lamb.  More on that later.

Whilst I was asleep I had a strange dream.  I don't know if this was a throwback to Audrey's book, but I dreamt that I could see the ghost of a small girl running around.  I woke up not knowing whether it was Eliza or some random other small child, so I was slightly freaked.  Nothing bad happened in the dream, it's just that I prefer to think of Eliza safely ensconced in heaven, so I think it is one of those dreams I will consciously decide not to think about.

Dinner tonight was stunning.  Bretsky often cooks on the weekend as he doesn't really have time during the week, he enjoys it, and it gives me a break.  Tonight's menu came from this...



Firstly we had Cordero con garbanzos y salsa de hierbabuena (don't ask me to actually say that).  It translates to a boned, butterflied leg of lamb marinated in garlic, lemon, red wine vinegar, fresh thyme, red onion, sweet paprika and olive oil, and cooked on the barbecue.  Add to it a chickpea purée that contains olive oil, onion, garlic, cumin seeds and saffron, and a hot home made mint sauce (my contribution).  But wait, there's more.  Bretsky also made his own GF flatbreads and cooked them on the barbecue too.  Add corn on the cob at the request of Jojo, and voilà!

Mmmmmmmmmmm.  It was soooo good.....just what I had felt like.

1 comment:

  1. I want to come and eat at your house every night! Hope you're having better dreams, xo

    ReplyDelete